Just completed zero to one by Peter Thiel. Such a great read. Any one working in this fast paced world, working in tech sector with ambitions to put a dent in the universe and more precisely someone with a dream to start a company in future, this is a must read.
One thing that stuck with me is the question he posed – What is something you think is true, but that most people disagree with you on?’
You will have to dive onto yourself to think long and hard to come up with an answer to that.
link on good reads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18050143-zero-to-one?ac=1
There are 7 questions every company that wants to become a lasting monopoly must answer:
- The Engineering Question – Can you create breakthrough technology instead of incremental improvements?
- The Timing Question – Is now the right time to start your particular business?
- The Monopoly Question – Are you starting with a big share of a small market?
- The People Question – Do you have the right team?
- The Distribution Question – Do you have a way to not just create but deliver your product?
- The Durability Question – Will your market position be defensible 10 and 20 years into the future?
- The Secret Question – Have you identified a unique opportunity that others don’t see
more details in here - http://www.getnugget.co/zero-to-one-nuggets-from-peter-thiels-bestselling-book/